Monday, August 20, 2012

M'n'M - Money and Marriage.


So during the week, someone asked me ''What sort of financial responsibility will you expect from your husband'. I thought to myself, piece of cake. He will handle the bulk of the bills, not all, just a greater percentage.

I answered that as the breadwinner, I expect that he will handle most of the bills, at least the heavyweights. However, i think that will be dependent on how much he earns in relation to his wife's. If she earns a lot more than her hubby maybe, then she might have to do more, if not, then the gentleman foots the bills.

So he asked, ''What about all the gender equality nonsense. Doesn't it translate to financial responsibilities too?''

Hmm... Well, I will say that the husband is the provider while the wife is in charge of the implementations at home. She ensures that every member of the family is happy and looks good.

I don't know, I might be wrong but one thing I'm sure of is that it is important for intending couples to define and clarify their expectations before they take the plunge into the institution of marriage. There is a tendency to assume that your partner knows what you expect. Wrong move!!!


The question is, is it mandatory/customary for the husband to handle the bulk of the bills? And what is it that wives indeed save for?

Is it true that single men live longer than married man (I heard from a friend)

Because we don't want to kill our husbands, we will help out. Right ladies???

*wink*




3 comments:

  1. He that finds a wife finds a good things and obtains favour from the Lord, then he should take the bulk responsibility so that he can obtain that favour that God promised him, a wife can come in when he needs her

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oracle of Delphi said, and I quote 'oh man, know thyself'. Permit me to recoin the statement as 'oh fiancee, know ur fiance'. There is no hard and fast rule to the subject. If there is so much money (regardless of who is bringing the most), joy, love and happiness, will the woman be bothered that shez bringing the most? Meanwhile, somethings are beyond money. Some men contribute the most (money) and still are not respected by their wives while some men contribute the least (money) and are held to high esteem by their spouse. Where hardwork, love and the fear of God reigns, the subject doesn't come to the fulcrum.

    ReplyDelete