So my friend got married today and I was definitely going to be there. However due to my very weird habit of procrastination and lateness I did not leave the house until after 1pm. I decided to take a bike to get to the reception in good time (as i had already missed the church wedding). I climbed the bike with my short gown and boom I heard the tear... the slit had just become longer. Praying and hoping that the damage wasn't bad at all, we continued the ride until the bike started acting up in the middle of the road... just my luck... I had to get down and I was going to take a bus this time. Trying to feel the extent of the damage I took another bus.
I was thinking to myself about the what kind of day i was having but it was my friend's wedding so it was a great day, it had to be (even though it wasn't looking like it). Now in the bus, ready to alight at the next bus-stop, I felt the slit and my heart sank. Yep, it was bad, so bad and too high. I knew I had to brave it, no other choice, hoping nobody saw anything too much, I got off the bus. I had to think fast. Thankfully it was by a market, so I just walked round and saw some scarves, I bought myself one and that went round my waist and fast.
I wasnt even in a hurry at that point again. No point. I pinged a couple of my friends to tell them about what had happened, I just kept walking down instead of taking another bus, I was looking for a tailor shop, to help me with my gown. I walked and walked but did not see a single tailor shop, not even one. At that point, i was upset, no doubt, but that wasn't going to change anything so I just went into the eatery in front of me and bought a cup of ice cream and sat by the AC. Yep, i was going to chill. There was nothing I could do but take a chill pill and relax. Then I went to the restroom to see the damage myself. I went in and stood in front of the mirror, I saw that ...well... it wasn't "disastrously" bad. I had no choice but to carry it gracefully and confidently as if it was the original slit, and that I did.
I went out and continued on to the reception. It wasn't far from the eatery. I walked into the venue and I forgot all about my slit drama. I had a great time. I danced non-stop, ate and drank too. My friend Bukky Smith..eh.. now Bukky Lawrence was married. We all danced together and I have happily lost my voice. I saw allll my friends, so happy to see them. Most of those I had not seen since our graduation. We all acted silly and had a fantastic time.
Time to go and fifteen minutes after, waiting at the bus-stop for a bus, the heavens opened on me. The rain beat me (like my friend will say) pasapasa (anyhow) *smiles*. I always have an umbrella with me so it wasn't so bad. Even under the rain, I was thinking of how much fun today has been.
Yeah it's been a great day... Happy Married Life Bukola and Kolawole Lawrence
I was thinking to myself about the what kind of day i was having but it was my friend's wedding so it was a great day, it had to be (even though it wasn't looking like it). Now in the bus, ready to alight at the next bus-stop, I felt the slit and my heart sank. Yep, it was bad, so bad and too high. I knew I had to brave it, no other choice, hoping nobody saw anything too much, I got off the bus. I had to think fast. Thankfully it was by a market, so I just walked round and saw some scarves, I bought myself one and that went round my waist and fast.
I wasnt even in a hurry at that point again. No point. I pinged a couple of my friends to tell them about what had happened, I just kept walking down instead of taking another bus, I was looking for a tailor shop, to help me with my gown. I walked and walked but did not see a single tailor shop, not even one. At that point, i was upset, no doubt, but that wasn't going to change anything so I just went into the eatery in front of me and bought a cup of ice cream and sat by the AC. Yep, i was going to chill. There was nothing I could do but take a chill pill and relax. Then I went to the restroom to see the damage myself. I went in and stood in front of the mirror, I saw that ...well... it wasn't "disastrously" bad. I had no choice but to carry it gracefully and confidently as if it was the original slit, and that I did.
I went out and continued on to the reception. It wasn't far from the eatery. I walked into the venue and I forgot all about my slit drama. I had a great time. I danced non-stop, ate and drank too. My friend Bukky Smith..eh.. now Bukky Lawrence was married. We all danced together and I have happily lost my voice. I saw allll my friends, so happy to see them. Most of those I had not seen since our graduation. We all acted silly and had a fantastic time.
Time to go and fifteen minutes after, waiting at the bus-stop for a bus, the heavens opened on me. The rain beat me (like my friend will say) pasapasa (anyhow) *smiles*. I always have an umbrella with me so it wasn't so bad. Even under the rain, I was thinking of how much fun today has been.
Yeah it's been a great day... Happy Married Life Bukola and Kolawole Lawrence

Oga ooo!!! All in one day, ur life resemble film today sha... Interesting!
ReplyDeleteCreative and funny write up, I must confess...congrats to Mr and Mrs.Lawrence.
ReplyDeleteA long day it is. Cld go tru worse scenario 4 my omez!!!
ReplyDelete